Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Essence of Childhood

On my way home from work today, I stopped at the store to purchase some baby soap sans scent.  I looked up and down the soap, shampoo, deodorant and band-aid aisles for too many minutes, only finding stuff for kids, but not babies.


"I guess Harmon's doesn't target my demographic," I concluded.

After giving up, I walked toward the bread, when both Lo and Behold showed me that there's a separate aisle for baby needs.  Who knew?

During my study of the various bottles, I came across a bottle of "Baby Oil" like this one:


"It would be so fun to put one of these over by the olive and canola oil," I thought as I laughed.

But really, it's terrible.  Making baby oil should be illegal.

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

Yeah, I think it's weird that baby oil is the only oil named after what you put it on rather than what you squeeze to make it.

You don't put olive oil on olives.

I am distantly related to someone who organizes things by what they are rather than function, incidentally. So he'll put like, every kind of tape together when he's helping people organize things. Scotch tape, duct tape, decorative tapes, etc. Packing to move? Put all the cables together--printer cable, power cable for the toaster, computer charger, whatever. All in one box. So maybe the baby oil could go in an "oils" section, in a really weird grocery store. You could run it, but I don't know who would shop there...