Saturday, April 26, 2008

Barefoot Contessa Night

Last Saturday, we held the first semi-bi-annual Ina Garten night. Ina Garten is one of the fantastic cooks of the Food Network, and like Julia Childs, her philosophy seems to be: if it doesn't have at least a pound of butter or an udder of cream it's not worth eating. She makes fantastic food!

Here's who came:

We each made a dish or two using only her recipes and came up with this:

And the desserts were three:

An amazing strawberry cheesecake from escratch:

Broiled berry custard:

And peach raspberry cobbler (I don't know how I forgot to take a picture of that... they were all sitting right next to each other)

If I am ever wealthy, I will live in a small house with a big yard, I'll drive an old car, I'll wear my clothes threadbare and spend all of my money on really good food.

3 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

I totally agree on the poor house/good food theory...actually...that is how I live right now.

More Bacon said...

I am also completely on board with the fantastic food plan.

Besides, if you lived in a big house, you'd just have more work to do on cleaning and upkeep and such. It's a win-win to live in a tiny house with amazing cuisine.

Toddicus said...

i see how it is...ashamed of my cobbler...i still forgive you